Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another thing I should've made a bigger fuss about...

Because I am into instant gratification, because I'm also sort of lazy, or distracted, or in a hurry...I've had a tendency lately to announce big news on my Facebook author page. The beauty of this is that it automatically tweets out to my Twitter feed, and yeah, I'm weirdly addicted to Twitter (SEE: evidence of my short attention span, above).

Anyway, it seems to me that major news merits its own blog post, even an abbreviated one. And that selling my second novel to Soho Press is major news.

Here are a couple of announcements about the deal, on Publishers Marketplace (under "Thrillers") and Publishers Weekly.

If you've been following my blog, guest posts, tweets, or eavesdropping on my random conversations, then you already know how much I've enjoyed working with Soho, what a great job they've done with ROCK PAPER TIGER and just how all-around awesome I think they are as a press and as a collection of human beings. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to work with them on my next book, which will be published in early 2012.

And which still needs a title, other than "The Book That Tried To KILL Me™" All suggestions cheerfully welcomed!

No comments: