Friday, May 08, 2009

Waiting is eating my brain...

How is it that it's Thursday night - well, technically Friday morning - and I haven't written a post since Sunday? Where did the last four days go? Did I actually do anything?

Well, a little bit of writing - and by the way, the next writer-type person I hear/read who says that they have to write all the time, they can't stop the words, they enjoy writing so much, the words just flow through them, it's quite possible that I will reach through the Interwebs and throttle them, because I don't even want to talk about where it feels like I'm pulling the words for this latest thing from...since hitting 40K a couple of weeks ago (whenever that was), I've managed to achieve a grand total of 3,000 more words. Sheesh. That's pretty sad.

Oh well. The last book I wrote wasn't always a joy to write either, and it came out okay in the end. Though I'm still not sure about this one JUST DON'T THINK ABOUT THAT DON'T THINK ABOUT THAT DON'T

Redrum Redrum Redrum

M'kay.

Pretty much what's been going on is waiting. Lots of it. I've had an interesting little writing gig with a Chinese publication (more on that some other time), I've been squeezing out my little dribble of words on the WIP, waiting to hear about the book that's out in the cold cruel publishing world, waiting to hear about a job, waiting to hear about...well, a bunch of other stuff. Which means I'm waiting to figure out what I'm going to do about my house, about where I'm going to be and how I'm going to get there. And of course under those decisions are a geometrically multiplying decision tree of many other little decisions. With a ticking clock.

Feh.

Okay, I'm at least going to exercise some control over one of the things that I can control, and that's this irritating WIP.

500 words, baby. That's all I'm asking for tonight. 500 words...

UPDATE: I think the internet is eating my brain too. The amount of time I have wasted following and even participating in stoopid internet sh1t-storms is just embarrassing. I swear I was more productive back in the dark days of dial-up.

No comments: